CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

GooD ReMinDer foR aLL

tone of voice
It's not so much what you say, as the manner in which you say it;
It's not so much the language you use, as the tone in which you convey it."Come here", I sharply said, And the child cowered and wept.
"Come here", I said he looked and smiled, And straight to my lap he crept.Words may be mild and fair, But the tone may pierce like a dart;
Words may be soft as the summer air, But the tone may break my heart;For words come from the mind Grow by study and art,
But tone leaps from the inner self, Revealing the state of heart.Whether you know it or not, Whether you mean or care,
Gentleness, kindness, love and hate, Envy, anger are there.Then, would you quarrels avoid and peace and love rejoice?
Keep anger not only out of your words, Keep it out of your voice.
unknown writer
I SaW THiS oN SOmEonE ElsE's BLOg anD THouGht iT was Really GOoD! I SoMetiMes fiNd mySelf uSing The wRong TOnE of voiCe, anD THeN i alWays reGret iT. ISn'T iT TRuE thaT if PeopLe are NICeR TO YOu, you In RetuRN aRe nICer To THem. I fiNd thaT a Work I am MUCh mORe wiLLing to HELp SOmeONe ouT if THey aRe nICe and NOT demandiNG :) AnYwayS jUSt a GooD remInder.

4 comments:

Katie

So true Jenny... I'm such a bag most of the time. BUT I can hardly see you using the wrong tone of voice.... well maybe with Clint!... HAHA.... but seriously, you are one of the sweetest most caring people I know!!! I LOVE YOU!

Karen

I agree Jenny! Its good to have a reminder now and then to keep us in check. I also can't see you being onry or even out of place with any one!!!!

JeNNy

Haha ClinT DoEs PRoBaBLy Get The Brunt OF iT... SOrry BaBe!

luke and kourt

I sometimes use the wrong tone of voice and it really does change what you mean to say. Good reminder to always think before you speak.